Wednesdays, April 3 through May 8 / 10:30 - 11:45 AM
Do you have a deep desire to understand yourself?
- A meditative form of self-inquiry
- Based on ancient yogic teachings on meditation.
- Integrative, as it helps heal unresolved issues in body and mind.
- Restorative, as it enables recognition of your peace of mind that is always present amidst all circumstances of life
- Nourishing of noble qualities of joy, peacefulness, empathy, forgiveness, patience and lovingkindness.
This 6-week enrollment series will introduce you to the tools and practice if iRest Yoga Nidra, a mediation and mindfulness practice focused on self-study and transformation. The practice provides you with tools to relax deeply, release stress, increase resiliency, and gain greater mastery of your life.
Each class will cover one or more of the core concepts as well as a 35-40 minute practice session. Wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat. The practice is commonly done lying on the floor, or you may sit on the floor or on a chair. Bring whatever you may need for your comfort, such as a pillow. We will provide blankets and bolsters.
You will also receive an iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation Workbook and a recording for home practice.
Jay Coldwell, RYT-200, and iRest Level 1 Teacher. Jay has studied Vedic Chant with Sonia Nelson and Linda Spackman at the Vedic Chant Center in Santa Fe, New Mexico, continues to regular lessons with Linda.
$65 by March 27 / $75 after March 27
Contact Jay at jay@5KoshasYoga.com
For a sampling of a short iRest practice, go to www.iRest.org