Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 / 7:00 PM
Join us for an evening of peaceful kirtan incorporating iRest yoga nidra mediation at 5 Koshas Yoga and Wellness, led by Allison Zopel, Debby Krenz and Jay Coldwell on Wednesday, September 18th at 7:00 PM.
We will frame the kirtan this evening with an iRest® guided meditation practice, inviting you to sing along and:
- Experience your Inner Resource of peace, calm, safety and security. For many this is a doorway to a felt-sense of Being in Awareness. We will chant Om Shanti.
- Welcome all that is, including sensations, emotions, thoughts and beliefs, as messengers from beyond into our “Guest House”. Our chant will recognize our inner teacher, Ong Namo Gurudev Namo.
- Experience Bodysensing, with a guided yoga nidra meditation from the iRest teachings. Let the mind exit thinking, and connect with a felt sense of Awareness.
- Express Joy, as we slowly and quietly wish for the happiness of all beings – Lokah Samastah, Sukhino Bhavantu
- Take our peace and Awareness into the world, joining in a joyful, Namaste!
RYT-200, iRest Level 2 Teacher, 5 Koshas Yoga & Wellness Studio Manager
Jay studies Vedic chant and the yoga sutras with Linda Spackman, in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He is finding great peace in shared singing of simple Sanskrit chants, the ancient language of the divine.
Music teacher and composer
Debby loves the feeling of peace and joy that comes with kirtan, and is thrilled to be a founding leader of our monthly kirtan gatherings!
We hope to have special guests joining us from time to time, so if would would like to help lead the chants or play an instrument one month, please contact Jay at 715-298-1954 or jay@5KoshasYoga.com.
Local music fans will recognize Wausau native, Allison Zopel: singer, pianist, cellist and composer. Kirtan is a huge calling in Allison’s life. You will notice echoes of peaceful Kirtan artists such as Snatam Kaur, Ajeet Kaur and Deva Premal.
Jay Coldwell, RYT-200, having studied with Mary Hilliker. He is an iRest Level 2 Teacher, having studied with Richard Miller and Stephanie Lopez. Jay has studied Vedic Chant with Sonia Nelson and Linda Spackman at the Vedic Chant Center in Santa Fe, New Mexico, continues to regular lessons with Linda.
Use your yoga pass!
$15 drop-in. Packages available at reduced cost.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Jay at email@example.com