Wednesdays, January 16 - Feb 6, 2019 / 8:00 - 9:00 pm Central Time
“What a novel idea, a webinar on sleep yoga in your own home in the evening! This wasn’t a ‘read me to sleep’ class. It had great content and was well organized with explanations and effective tools and strategies to improve your sleep. Everyone could benefit from this course.”
– Past Participant in the Yoga for Better Sleep Webinar Series
Sleep is the body’s most important source of rejuvenation. Better sleep = better energy, less aches and pains, focused and clear thinking, calm and stable mood, normal appetite, and more resolve around healthy habits. We can transform sleep using the tools of yoga. Learn and practice yoga sleep strategies from this webinar series in the comfort of your home and perhaps even in your pajamas. In this webinar course, you will learn and practice:
- Setting the stage for better sleep including sleep environment, diet, and lifestyle tips
- Yoga techniques for falling asleep
- Specific yoga postures for restless leg syndrome
- What to do when you wake during the night
- Dealing with daytime fatigue
- Transforming thought patterns that interfere with rest and sleep
Open to beginners or anyone interested in learning more about how to start or adapt their home practice for better sleep. This course includes short lectures, an evening practice, access to the webinar recordings for home use, and practice handouts. The course if eligible for 4 hours of continuing education for yoga teachers who are registered with Yoga Alliance.
How The Webinar Course Works:
- You register in advance for all 4 classes by January 13, 2018.
- Once you are registered, you’ll receive log-in information and weekly tools that you can continue to use at home.
- At the class start time, log in to the classroom via a web link.
- If you can’t attend a webinar at the appointed time, you will have access to the webinar recording for at least 1 year.
Outline of the Weekly Webinar Courses:
- Brief lecture
- Guided yoga practice using video and verbal guidance.
What You Need to Participate:
- Fast internet connection (DSL or High speed cable connection)
- Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop or Desktop Computer with a microphone/speaker
- Yoga mat and any props you like to use
Mary’s intention is to meet you where you are and to help you move and change from that starting point. Her workshops and retreats highlight yoga tools and practices that help you gain self-sufficiency and independence in your home practice.
“Whether you want to condition your body, reduce pain, de-stress, sleep better, reduce anxiety, adopt a healthier lifestyle habit or strive to reach your full potential, I’m ready to help you apply the yoga tools that you are relevant for your life.”
Mary has been a yoga practitioner for 25 years and a teacher for 17 years. She holds certifications as a 200 hr. level Hatha yoga teacher, 500 hr. Viniyoga teacher, and Viniyoga Therapist. She is a Certified Yoga Therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapists and is Curriculum Coordinator and Faculty with the American Viniyoga Institute’s Yoga Therapist Training. Locally, Mary coordinates and is the lead teacher for the 240 hr. River Flow Yoga Teacher Training.
Her 30 year career as a registered dietitian/nutritionist and health educator in public health, nutrition, and chronic disease prevention, inform her yoga teaching and individualized Yoga Therapy.
$49.99 pr household or free for studio memberships with annual-unlimited or 4 month unlimited class pass.
Corporate discounts for groups of employees - contact Jay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Mary at email@example.com or call or text 715.218.7120.