Wednesday, June 20, 2018 / 10:00 am - 11:45 am
Headaches are unnerving in how they disrupt thinking, productivity and energy level. They can take you out of your game and your life! Headaches can be complicated in their cause, manifestation and what helps.
Yoga therapy may be helpful for reducing the frequency and intensity of certain types of headaches, especially tension and hormonal headaches. Specific yoga tools may also help in the management of migraine, sinus and trauma headaches. Join us for this mini-retreat to:
- Understand how distinct types of headaches may be prevented or managed with individualized yoga therapy approaches.
- Find comfortable resting positions to relieve tension or pain in the upper back, neck, shoulders and head.
- Learn short yoga practices that incorporate postures, breathing techniques and guided relaxation to soothe tension and pain in the upper back, neck, shoulders and head.
- Learn more about the relationship between diet, exercise, sleep, stress and headaches.
- Take home a short yoga practice to help you get started.
Mary’s intention is to meet you where you are and to help you move and change from that starting point. Her workshops and retreats highlight yoga tools and practices that help you gain self-sufficiency and independence in your home practice.
“Whether you want to condition your body, reduce pain, de-stress, sleep better, reduce anxiety, adopt a healthier lifestyle habit or strive to reach your full potential, I’m ready to help you apply the yoga tools that you are relevant for your life.”
Mary has been a yoga practitioner for 25 years and a teacher for 17 years. She holds certifications as a 200 hr. level Hatha yoga teacher, 500 hr. Viniyoga teacher, and Viniyoga Therapist. She is a Certified Yoga Therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapists and is Curriculum Coordinator and Faculty with the American Viniyoga Institute’s Yoga Therapist Training. Locally, Mary coordinates and is the lead teacher for the 240 hr. River Flow Yoga Teacher Training.
Her 30 year career as a registered dietitian/nutritionist and health educator in public health, nutrition, and chronic disease prevention, inform her yoga teaching and individualized Yoga Therapy.
$20 paid in advance, $30 drop-in fee, Free for anyone with an unlimited pass