Thursdays, Feb 23, March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, April 6, 13, 2023 / 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm Central Time
Meditation + Cakra-s Intensive – The Inspired Warrior Series
Deepen Your Practice
Activate Your True Potential Through Yoga Practice That Includes Meditation and Cakra Sadhana
Ignite or Renew Your Teaching
What You Will Receive
- Knowledge about meditation through lecture and discussion, including what meditation is, benefits of a meditation practice, challenges to meditating, ways to approach meditation that are adapted to you, how to use asana, pranayama and chanting to prepare for meditation, relevant source texts and yoga philosophy, and how to design your own meditation practice.
- An experiential immersion in cakra practice with a weekly yoga practice, activating your true potential specifically the qualities of:
Cakra 1 – Stability & Security
Cakra 2 – Enthusiasm & Creativity
Cakra 3 – Empowerment & Ability to Change
Cakra 4 – Love, Patience & Compassion
Cakra 5 – Expression & Listening
Cakra 6 – Discernment & Awareness
Cakra 7 – Inspiration & Connection.
- An authentic transmission of yoga teaching around cakra-s based on the tantric traditions taught by our teachers
- Access to the recorded sessions for 1 year, downloadable handouts for lectures, practice sequences and cakra worksheets
- 24 hours of continuing education for yoga teachers registered with Yoga Alliance
How It Works
This 8-class course offered over 8 weeks is paced to provide an initial immersion in knowledge and practice. We meet live online for each session which includes a lecture and practice with access to video recordings & handouts. Use home practices and session worksheets to explore your individual experience between sessions. If you are unable to make any session, you will have access to recordings.
Our typical schedule will be:
- 5:30 pm CT – Introduction to the Cakra for the Weekly Practice
- 5:45 pm CT – Cakra Practice
- 7:15 pm CT – Lecture & Discussion
Interested in Reading More About Cakra Practice? Check Out this Blog
Your Teachers for This Series
Mary Hilliker, RDN, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, Lead Teacher
Jay Coldwell, RYT-200, iRest™ Level 2 Teacher, Vedic Chant Teacher
Andrew Beaumont, MD, PhD, RYT-500, C-IAYT, Neurosurgeon, Yoga Therapist
Mary Hilliker, RDN, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, is a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist and a partner, Certified Viniyoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist with 5 Koshas Yoga & Wellness. She is the director and lead teacher for the River Flow Yoga Teacher Training School. Mary will be the lead teacher for the series. One of her greatest joys is teaching accessible, sustainable and healing yoga to students, aspiring yoga teachers and experienced yoga teachers who are interested in learning more.
Jay Coldwell, RYT-200, is a Certified Viniyoga Wellness Instructor and iRest™ Level 2 Teacher as well as a partner with 5 Koshas Yoga & Wellness. He studies Vedic chant with Linda Spackman and is on the faculty of the River Flow Yoga Teacher Training School where he teaches Vedic chanting. Jay has cultivated a lifelong interest in scripture, sacred music and chant and contemplative practice. Jay will teach peaceful and healting mantras for meditation.
Andrew Beaumont, MD, PhD, RYT-500, is a neurosurgeon specializing in diseases of the spine, with a research background in Physiology. On a personal level he has a deep interest in and training in Yoga, Ayurveda and other traditional medicine systems. He has academic interest in understanding the modern physiology and science behind ancient wellness and healing modalities, including breathing, sound, and meditation. He is a partner and teacher with 5 Koshas Yoga & Wellness and is faculty with the River Flow Yoga Teacher Training School. Dr. Beaumont will lecture on the modern science around meditation and the potential benefits of meditation.
Approved for Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers registered with Yoga Alliance.
$160 course fee. Register by February 20, 2023 for the early discount of $52 off for a course fee of $108.
Register by February 20, 2023 for a $52 discount off of the course fee of $160. Use early discount code: CAKRAEARLY. Course fee with discount is $108.
Register: https://5koshasyoga.punchpass.com/series/24259FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Mary at email@example.com for more information about the program content, continuing education or applying this intensive toward a future 200 hour yoga teacher training.