ONLINE: Thursdays | January 11 - April 18, 2024 | 5:30 - 7:00 pm / TEACHER TRACK IN-PERSON: Saturday, Sept 21 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Pranayama (yoga breathing techniques) is a big subject and we have a big program to help you learn, practice, and apply what you’ve learned. Breathing practices as taught in the Viniyoga tradition can be individualized for the person or group to help:
- quiet the mind
- improve focus and concentration
- reduce stress and anxiety
- stabilize mood and improve depression
- improve immune and digestive function
- lower blood pressure
- improve sleep.
In this 15-week intensive, you will walk away with:
- Knowledge about Vedic & Yoga models that relate to pranayama, including: Panca maya model, Brahmana/Langhana/Samana model and the Vayus (Pranas).
- Knowledge and real-life experience with the benefits of pranayama, the biomechanics and physiology of breathing, and how western science aligns with the ancient practice of pranayama.
- Assessment of your breath capacity and how to develop it over time.
- 18 practices that illustrate brahmana, langhana & samana energetic effects, strengthening prana (the 5 vayu-s), different pranayama ratios, and 12 pranayama techniques (video & print format access X 1 yr).
- Experience and mentoring on development of sequences for pranayama for personal practice, private sessions, or group classes (Teacher Track)
- Refinement of teaching skills for yoga teachers who wish to gain more experience with teaching breath adaptation in asana, pranayama ratios and pranayama techniques (Teacher Track)
- A step up from a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in terms of the content, application of the content including sequencing for specific pranayama ratios and techniques, and practice teaching.
This course invites you to go deeper than surface level information about pranayama to truly understand human energy, how to develop breath capacity, how to work with the 5 prana-s or vayu-s, how to develop pranayama ratios for specific effects and when and how to use different pranayama techniques. Your experienced faculty team will guide you with the knowledge base, practices, application for personal practice, privates, and groups, and teaching methodology.
Practices will include asana, breath adaptation in asana, visualization, and pranayama. Some practices will include chanting and mudras.
A continuing education certificate will be issued based on your level of participation (practitioner or Teacher Track).
Thursdays Online Live, 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Jan 11 – April 18, 2024
Approximately 1.5 – 2 hours of self-paced lectures & practices to supplement online live sessions. Access to recordings for any sessions you can’t attend live.
In-Person Teaching Practicum Day for Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers & 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training Students:
Sat, September 21, 2024 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
How the Program Works
You will have approximately 1 – 1.5 hours of self-paced content associated with each week’s topic. Self-paced content will be available 2 weeks in advance of each session.
We meet live online (also recorded) on Thursdays from 5:30 – 7:00 pm, mainly to practice, do Q & A, and discuss your experiences with breathing.
Those on the Teacher’s Track will also turn in 3 assignments and receive one-on-one mentoring on sequence development, practice teaching, and teaching methodology. The in-person day on September 21 will be to do teaching demonstrations. The in-person day is scheduled to give you a generous amount of time in advance to review content, complete assignments, and integrate what you are learning through your personal practice.
Andrew Beaumont, PhD, MD, RYT-500, C-IAYT, Neurosurgeon: Dr. Beaumont brings together his expertise in medicine with his passion for studying ancient traditions of health and healing in this intensive. He shares insights about the health benefits of pranayama as well as the how western science aligns with ancient teachings. He approaches pranayama practice in a practical and accessible way that will encourage you to spend some dedicated time each week exploring breathing patterns and techniques that work for you.
Mary Hilliker, RDN, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, Certified Viniyoga Teacher & Yoga Therapist: Mary Hilliker has been training yoga teachers for over 10 years and yoga students for over 25 years in the art and science of pranayama. She works with people one-on-one and in small therapeutic groups to individualize breathing patterns and techniques for health and healing. She uses pranayama on an almost daily basis and finds it to be one of the most helpful tools in the yoga tradition.
Dr. Beaumont and Mary Hilliker have both studied Viniyoga teaching and Yoga Therapy with Gary Kraftsow and the American Viniyoga Institute.
Learn More About Pranayama
Dedicated Yogi/Yogini Level
The practitioner course includes electronic access to powerpoint lecture handouts, sequences, and video access up to 1 year.
$400.00 for 47 hours of lecture and practice content. $350 early-bird registration by January 2, 2024. $100 for 4 months, started by January 2, 2024.
300 hour Yoga Teacher Training or Continuing Education for Teachers includes electronic access to powerpoint lecture handouts, sequences, and unlimited video access, assignments to assess integration, mentoring on teaching methodology, and an in-person day for teaching demonstrations and discussion. Includes 60 total hours toward 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training or Continuing Education.
$840 for 60 hour program. $760 early-bird registration by January 2, 2024. $97 monthly payment plan for 9 months, started by January 2, 2024.
Pranayama Teacher Track Payment Plan $97 per month for 9 months – 2 Steps to Register: First Purchase Your Payment Plan & Second Register For The Classes!
- Purchase Your Payment Plan Here – Set Your Payment Plan Date for January 2nd, 2024: https://5koshasyoga.punchpass.com/passes/189110?check=1701118642
- Register For the Class Series Here: https://5koshasyoga.punchpass.com/series/31238
Pranayama Dedicated Yogi Payment Plan $100 per month for 4 months – 2 Steps to Register: First Purchase Your Payment Plan & Second Register For The Classes!
- Purchase Your Payment Plan Here – Set Your Payment Plan Date for January 2nd, 2024: https://5koshasyoga.
- Register For the Class Series Here: https://5koshasyoga.punchpass.com/series/31239
Contact Mary Hilliker, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, for more information about the program: 715.218.7120 or email@example.com