Mondays, October 24 - December 19, 2022 / 5:30 - 8:30 pm Central Time
“Our yoga tradition is not static, handed down unchanged from one generation to the next like an antique or heirloom, but is alive and dynamic. We have received ‘cuttings’ from the ‘sadhana tree’ nurtured by our teachers, and pass on our own ‘cuttings’ to students in the hope that they will take root and flourish in the future.”
– Ranju Roy & David Charlton in Embodying the Yoga Sutra: Support, Direction, Space.
Deepen your understanding of Yoga Philosophy and Vedic Chanting through this 9 session intensive. Here’s what you will learn:
- The meaning of and how to chant key Vedic chants in the Viniyoga lineage.
- Understand basic Sanskrit chanting terms and how they are applied.
- Chant and discuss the relevance of key sutras from the Yoga Sutra-s of Patanjali
- Understand how to integrate yoga philosophy in your practice and in your life
Key Sutra Concepts include:
- What is Yoga?
- Understandint the Fluctuations of the Mind
- Yoga Practice and Non-Attachment
- Obstacles to Practice
- 8 Limbs of Yoga, including Meditation
- Yamas and Niyamas (Ethical Principles in Relationships, How You Care for Yourself)
- Kriya Yoga: The Art and Science of Transformation
- Seeds of Suffering and Overcoming the Seeds of Suffering.
- Explore how to study yoga sutra-s in your personal yoga practice. For teachers: Learn how to teach integrated practices around the most important yoga sutra-s.
Each session of the Chanting & Yoga Philosophy Intensive includes:
■ 30 minutes on chanting basics, learning lineage chants, reviewing yoga sutra-s.
■ 60 minute integrated yoga practice that includes asana, chanting, breathing, guided relaxation and reflection on a yoga concept or yoga sutra.
■ 15 minute break
■ 90 minutes lecture, chanting and discussion on relevant yoga sutra-s
Yoga teachers are eligible for 27 hours of continuing education. Video access for 1 year.
Your faculty will be:
Jay Coldwell, RYT 200, iRest™ Level 2 Teacher, Vedic Chant Student
Mary Hilliker, RDN, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, 200 hr/300 hr TT Lead Teacher & Program Contact: email@example.com or 715.218.7120
Recommended Resource for Additional Reading:
Embodying the Yoga Sutra: Support, Direction, Space by Ranju Roy and David Charlton
15% discount for studio memberships, $460 Use discount code: CHANTMEMBER
Continuing education for students and graduates of River Flow Yoga Teacher Training – Contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org for a special discount.
Continuing education for students and graduates of River Flow Yoga Teacher Training – Contact Mary at email@example.com for a special discount.FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 715.218.7120.