“My initial exposure to yoga was as a teen, using it to stretch muscles taxed by a serious bicycling habit. Rediscovering yoga as an adult, I found the benefits to go far beyond the physical. Moving with focus and awareness, a person can integrate the many layers of her/his being to work together for wellness.”
“I enjoy helping people develop a practice that suits them individually.”
My aim is to meet students where they are and lead an exploration of the many benefits of yoga. Focusing on breath and movement with awareness opens a door for practitioners to reconnect with their inner wisdom and cultivate self-care.
Yoga encourages people to bring their best to the present moment; practice rejuvenates the body and spirit. I am interested in exploring the connection between movement, mindfulness and leadership.
- RYT-200, Yoga Alliance
- 200 hour Viniyoga Wellness Instructor Certification, American Viniyoga Institute/River Flow Yoga Teacher Training School
- BS/MS, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Dedicated personal practice since 2004
Relevant Work History
- Taught a Yoga and Leadership course
- Organizational development, strategic planning, team building, conflict management and negotiation, compassionate communication
- Passionate about fiber arts, nonviolent communication, and building local economies.
Series & Workshops
Rotation of teachers for select classes
Retreats – special interest in leadership skills and team building
Learn More »
What they say...
“(The New Year’s retreat) gave me a sense of calmness and restoration for the New Year. I also thought the retreat was well planned; it was just great!” -DB
“This retreat was a wonderful way to start the New Year! Mary is an excellent teacher.” -GQ