“I believe in a holistic approach to food and eating. Eat real food. Enjoy and savor it with good company. Have gratitude to those who grow and prepare it. Use mindfulness and science to better understand your body’s needs. Heal your relationship with your body and food.”
Mary’s philosophy about nutrition, weight management, chronic disease prevention, symptom management and exercise has evolved based her continued studies in nutrition, her training and work as a yoga therapist and her experience of working with people at many different stages of life.
Mary’s nutrition services focus on wellness and preventative approaches for all stages of life. She works with individuals, couples and families for phone or in-person nutrition counseling.
Whether your goal is to eat more nutritious foods, lose weight, prevent or manage a chronic disease with diet and nutrition, heal your relationship with your body, food, scales or mirrors, or be more active, Mary’s goal is to help you develop a plan that is adapted for your unique needs.
Gardening, the science of nutrition, the art of cooking, and the application of yoga therapeutic tools inform Mary’s approach to food and nutrition counseling.
- Over 4300 hours yoga teaching experience
- Practitioner of yoga for 23 years
- Teacher of yoga for 16 years
- Certified Viniyoga Therapist – 500 hour program – Studied with Gary Kraftsow and the American Viniyoga Institute, 2008-09
- Certified Viniyoga Teacher – 500 hour level – Studied with Gary Kraftsow and the American Viniyoga Institute, 2006-07
- Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher – 200 hour Level – Studied with Elizabeth (Chandler) Patric, 2002
- Registered with Yoga Alliance as an E-RYT 500 (Experienced 500 hour yoga teacher with over 2000 hours of teaching experience teaching yoga to groups and individuals)
- Member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Past State President, Wisconsin Dietetics Association
- Certified Dietitian with the State of Wisconsin
Relevant Work History
- Training Coordinator, American Viniyoga Institute 200 hour Viniyoga Wellness Instructor Training
- Lead Teacher, American Viniyoga Institute 200 hour Viniyoga Wellness Instructor Training, Wausau, WI, 2014-15
- Faculty, American Viniyoga Institute’s Viniyoga Therapist Training, 2012 and 2014 programs
- Past Coordinator, Viniyoga Wellness Programs, Viniyoga Stress Reduction Program (worksite wellness program) and Former Director of Administration, American Viniyoga Institute
- Co-Teacher, American Viniyoga Institute 200 hr. Viniyoga Wellness Instructor Training in Warrenville, IL, 2012 and Training Coordinator, American Viniyoga Institute’s Foundation for Yoga Therapy Training, Watsonville, CA, 2011
- 30 year career in public health, nutrition, and chronic disease prevention, working in private practice and local and state public health agencies, most recently with the UW-Comprehensive Cancer Center and as a consultant to Marathon County Health Department
- General & Therapeutic classes
- Workshops, Retreats, Mini-Retreats
- Worksite & Other Special Yoga Events
- 200 hr. Yoga teacher training in collaboration with the American Viniyoga Institute, LLC
- Private Yoga Instruction, Personal Yoga Classes or Individualized Yoga Therapy
- General Yoga and Yoga Therapy group class series program development for worksites and studios
- Mentoring and programs for professional development of yoga teachers and Yoga Therapists
$80 per hour (partial hour appointments possible for follow-up) – In-person May – October. Zoom videoconferencing Nov – April.
$280 for 4 sessions (1 hour each)
$10 additional per offsite visit
Discounts available as needed for those who are currently off work due to health issues.