“Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”
Free yourself from winter hibernation +
Free yourself from cold weather tension and stagnancy +
Free time to be outside, breathe, move and participate +
Free outdoor yoga classes in the best ‘green spaces’ of Central Wisconsin =
Better physical and mental health!
Your outdoor ‘green space’ yoga practice invites you to reconnect with the earth, stretch to the sky, inhale fresh oxygen and exhale the doldrums of winter.
Sip in the sweet benefits of outdoor yoga:
- Be a Kid Again – stretch on the ground and look up at the sky
- Practice Concentration – foster one-point-concentration as life happens around you
- Hone Your Proprioception – that advanced sense of your body in space that helps you with stability, balance and movement
- Plug in to the Totality of the Experience – be one with the beauty as well as the bugs
- Engage Your 5 Senses and Be Inspired
For a personal practice, rolling out your mat on your patio, in the grass or beside your favorite water provides a familiar space to take 10-15 minutes to breathe and stretch into your favorite postures.
Group classes in ‘green space’ invites you to find balance with/between your heightened five senses and the ease of tranquility and calm.
The grass that tickles your hand, the birdsong that makes you look into the trees and the bug that wants to join you on your mat also provide you the opportunity to stop, breathe, observe and be present.
Shunryu Suzuki-roshi, author of ‘Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind’ shares, “If your mind is empty, it is always ready for anything, it is open to everything. In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s mind there are few.”
Be free, be curious, be open to your beginners mind this summer.