“Belly dance is women’s art. It is truly an expression of feminine joy, creativity, wisdom, and strength. It celebrates the feminine form in all her glorious shapes, sizes, ages, and seasons; not to mention, it’s fun! Belly dance is something I love to share with others, but I also do for myself. The beautiful serpentine movements, ecstatic shimmies, adornments, music, laughter, and community are what hooked me from the start, and have continued to inspire my dance practice year after year.”
I have been belly dancing since 1999 and teaching tribal style belly dance since 2004. I have taught the American Tribal Style Belly Dance repertoire as well as classes in tribal style belly dance, tribal fusion belly dance, and classical Indian Kathak dance. Select studies include: American Tribal Style Belly dance, classical Indian Kathak dance in Varanasi, India, sufi whirling, Berber and Amazigh dance, trance dancing, Turkish Romani, North African, Egyptian, Ouled Nail, and flamenco styles. I am a certified Women’s Temple Leader through the Awakening Women Institute.
I am an avid adventure racer, artist, aspiring yogini, and dog-mom. I live in Rib Mountain with my husband and our dog, Mick.
Select Dance Studies
- Florida Tribal Dance Teacher Training: Lacey Sanchez, FL 2011
- Suhaila Dance Technique studies: Tiffany Bisconer, FL 2007
- American Tribal Style Belly Dance Training: Carolena Nericcio, CA 2007
- Tribal Fusion Intensive: Rachel Brice, NV 2007
- Kathak Dance studies: Matar Prasad, Varanasi India 2004
- Tribal Belly Dance studies: Pamela Luedtke, Stevens Point, WI 1999-2002
- Modern Dance: Turning Point Dance Academy, WI 1998-2002
- Ballet: Turning Point Dance Academy, WI 2000-2001
Select Workshops Attended
Rachel Brice, Zoe Jakes, Carolena Nericcio, Moria Chappell, Heather Stance of Urban Tribal, Paulette Rees Denis, Alicia of Belly Craft, Pamela Luedtke, Lisa Myers, Lacey Sanchez of Florida Tribal Dance, Echan and Mila of Japan, Jill Parker weekend intensive, Olivia Kissel and Maria Hamer of Zafira, the Mezmer Society, Megha of Devyani Dance Co., Sharon Kihara, Amy Sigil of Unmata, Kaya, John Compton, Ariellah, Neena and Veena, Dalia Carella, Artemis Mourat, Donna Mejia, Sera Solstice, Mira Betz, Sherri Wheatly, Artemis Mourat, Amel Taftsout.
Relevant Work History
Class and Workshop Teaching Experience
- Tribal style belly dance classes: University of Wisconsin Marathon County, WI 2012-2015
- Tribal fusion style belly dance classes: University of Miami, FL 2008-2012
- Improvisational belly dance workshops: CWES, WI, 2011
- Tribal belly dance classes: Lotus Dance Studio, Pembroke Pines, FL 2007-2010
- Belly dance conditioning and choreography workshops: Thorp, WI 2008
- American Tribal Style workshops: Dania, FL and Palm Beach, FL 2007
- Tribal belly dance classes: University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, WI 2004-2007
- Kathak dance classes: UWEC Concert Dance Co., University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, WI 2005
- Kathak dance workshops: Turning Point Dance Academy, WI 2004
- Solo performances throughout California, Florida, and Wisconsin 2004-present
- Tribalcon: Decatur, GA, 2011 and 2012
- Miami Belly Dance Convention: Miami, FL 2011
- Spirit of the Tribes: Fort Lauderdale, FL 2007 and 2008
- Founder of Peanut Butter & Gypsy tribal belly dance troupe: Eau Claire, WI 2004-2007
- Member of Shuvani tribal belly dance troupe: Stevens Point, WI 1999-present
- Co-teaching Tribal Belly Dance with Pamela Luedtke
- Women’s Temple events
- Group instruction available upon request.
- Solo or group performances with Shuvani Tribal Dance for artistic or cultural events.