“I am Heather, Certified Yoga Therapist, Yoga Teacher and Pilates Teacher. These movement modalities invite us to live with awareness and intention. In addition, they support us in creating growth and transformation within ourselves, our relationships and our community. I am humbled and honored to be a student and teacher of Yoga and Pilates, above all, sharing tools that are accessible and customized to every individual.”
Yoga Classes, Pilates Reformer Classes and Private Instruction
Yoga and Pilates Reformer group classes
Yoga Therapy and private Yoga instruction
Private Pilates Reformer Instruction
Heather offers classes and private instruction for groups, small groups and individuals. Additionally, most classes are offered in-studio or online and most include video recordings of the class. In other words, Heather offers a wide variety of options to meet your needs.
Class Themes and Intentions:
- Movement, breathing and intention-setting
- Structural health, balance practice, stress management and pain management
- Therapeutic yoga for breast cancer Survivors and Thrivers
- Group Meditation
- Yoga and Pilates classes focusing on strengthening, stretching, bone and joint health, muscle tone, and mental focus
Above all, Heather can help you deepen your mind-body connection, therefore increasing your wellbeing and quality of life.
Review classes here: https://www.5koshasyoga.com/yoga/class-schedule/
Intentions and Teaching Style for Yoga and Pilates
“My Intention is to provide a welcoming space for individuals to begin from ‘where they are at’ and to practice and refine yoga tools for use on and off the mat.
Movement, breathing and meditation support the ability to live with awareness and intention. Most importantly, students are invited to be curious and empowered; to develop a sense of embodiment that supports body, mind and heart.
Some of the many benefits of yoga:
- Supporting activities of daily living
- Improving balance
- Recovering from rigorous exercise: for example, running, biking, lifting or high intensity interval training
- Increasing energy for hobbies hiking, crafting, music, cooking, keeping up with kids and pets
- Healing from injury, post-operative procedures (in other words, conditions that create a shift in life’s routine)
- Self-reflection and self-care to navigate each day
The more I learn, practice and teach, the more I appreciate the gift of movement, the breath, a sense of humor, the importance of human connection and the power of quiet and stillness.
With this ongoing practice of movement, breathing and deepening awareness to support every season of life, it is an honor to guide students to trust themselves within the exploration of their practice. This creates a solid foundation for continued growth on the mat and in life, nurturing an individual’s passion and purpose.
I look forward to practicing with you.” Heather
- C-IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist, International Association of Yoga Therapists
- E-RYT 500, Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Alliance
- Continued Education and Practice with Gary Kraftsow and the American Viniyoga Institute AVI – studying Structural Health of low back, hips and upper back, neck and shoulders; Physiological Health, focusing on strategies for stress management, fatigue and sleeplessness; Mental and Emotional Health, focusing on strategies for pain management, anxiety and depression.
- Master’s Degree, Education
- Student of Leslie Kaminoff, founder of the Breathing Project, Advanced Studies in Anatomy and Movement
- Pilates Teacher, teacher training with Balanced Body & Studio B Pilates, focusing on anatomy, movement principles, Pilates mat 1, 2 & 3 and Pilates reformer 1&2
Relevant Work History
- Full-time Yoga and Pilates Teacher
- Managing Partner in 5 Koshas Yoga and Wellness
- Teacher assistant, 300 hour and 200 hour River Flow Yoga Teacher Training with Mary Hilliker
- Former high school educator and coach
Learn More »
Learn More »
What they say...
“It is apparent Heather has a thirst for knowledge and is always bringing something new and different to the yoga classes she teaches. Her sequences are well thought out and she personalizes them with an element of fun! Heather provides caring reminders for adaptation to meet individual needs.” -R
“In our private sessions, Heather’s guidance, knowledge and willingness to problem solve has blessed me with improved comprehension of my body’s abilities and limitations. Heather addresses so much more than the postures and modifications. Her words inspire my mind and my spirit and she gently reminds me that everything is a practice!” -C